The Global Mormon Oral History Project seeks to archive not only audio recordings, but also transcriptions of those recordings, thus making the collection more useable for scholars and interested community members. Transcribing can be costly and time-consuming, so the Mormon Studies Program at CGU has set aside funds for transcribing global Mormon oral histories recordings submitted to this collection.
If you are a community member or scholar willing to submit audio recordings of oral histories to the collection, but unable to transcribe the interviews yourself, please email email@example.com and answer the following questions. We will contact you to discuss your transcription needs and how we can help fund transcription.
- What countries are your narrators from? Will you be conducting the interviews in that country?
- What language will the interviews be in?
- How many interviews do you anticipate doing?
- How many minutes or hours do you anticipate your interviews being on average?
- Is this part of a scholarly project? If so, please describe the project.
- Will you be basing the interviews off of the Oral Life History Suggested Questions list? If you have your own list of questions you’ll be asking, please attach those to the email.